Hystar specializes in high-performance PEM electrolysers for large scale green hydrogen production. Our patented technology allows Hystar electrolysers to operate more efficient and at higher current densities than any other electrolyser technology on the market. This is a considerable commercial advantage as green hydrogen is having a central role in shaping a sustainable energy future. We at Hystar believe that the full potential of renewables can only be realized by large scale energy storage and the use of hydrogen in heavy duty transportation, maritime sector and in industrial processes.
Hystar is an innovative, fast growing, high-tech company, based at Høvik, just outside Oslo, Norway. At Hystar, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the company as well as develop your own career. We are seeking an ambitious and passionate technologist that helps Hystar to keep our technological advantage by further and continuously improving our electrolysers.
As an Electrolyser Technologist at Hystar, you will be part of a team of experienced researchers and engineers developing, constructing, and testing our current and next generation electrolysers. The work includes planning and execution of a wide variety of ongoing research projects and initiatives, including the hands-on construction and testing of cells and stacks. You will be performing full electrochemical characterization on these devices investigating their performance and lifetime using analytical tools such as impedance spectroscopy, gas and liquid chromatography and other post-mortem characterization equipment. Another important part of the work is the handling and analysis of experimental data, here it is expected that the candidate independently analyses and interpret the results and experience with statistical analysis and design of experiments would be a strength. You will also participate in writing R&D project proposals, as well as coordinating and/or managing these projects. You should expect some travelling, both domestically and abroad to customers, collaborators, and conferences.
Both senior and junior candidates are encouraged to apply for this position. Responsibilities and qualification requirements will be adjusted according to experience level, competence, and background. You will be part of a rapidly growing, international team of motivated people who are dedicated to making green hydrogen a competitive alternative to fossil fuels – do you want to make an impact on the future? Then join us!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cell assembly: single cells, laboratory stacks and commercial short stacks
- Materials and component research, BPPs, coatings, PTLs/GDLs and CCMs/MEAs
- Development and scripting testing protocols, including accelerated stress tests
- Operation of electrolyser test stations, including trouble shooting
- In-situ and ex-situ characterization of materials
- Data handling and analysis
- Further develop and maintain HSE standards
- Communicate research results with manufacturing and product department
- Represent Hystar in national and international R&D communities
- Write and manage R&D projects
Qualifications and requirements:
- Expertise within electrolysis a must, preferably PEM, either through well documented experience from industry and/or from research institutes/Universities (PhD)
- Excellent knowledge in thermodynamics, kinetics and transport phenomena
- Expert within at least one of the following: BPPs, membranes, catalysts and/or PTLs
- Hands-on experience with electrolyser testing and test stations, testing protocols and testing standards
- Experience in material post-mortem characterization
- Experience within cell design, flow fields, active components and gasket/sealing design
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with statistical design of experiments, analysis and data mining
- Candidate should have strong organisational skills, be self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle
- Capability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work are essential for this role
A stimulating working environment with skilled colleagues and a 100% permanent position with good salary depending on degree and experience. Hystar also offers a great opportunity for an efficient career development and personal growth. In addition, free parking, free shuttle bus, health insurance – and fantastic office location close to Oslo at Høvik, Norway.
If you have any questions regarding Hystar or the position, please contact: email@example.com
Deadline: As soon as possible and no later than 10.10.2022
Accession: As soon as possible and by appointment