Are you passionate about technology for a greener world? You might be our new controls engineer.
Green hydrogen has a central role in shaping a sustainable energy future. At Hystar, we believe the full potential of renewables can only be realized by large-scale energy storage and use of hydrogen in heavy-duty transportation and industry.
Based on a new and unique patented PEM electrolyser concept, Hystar is currently developing our next-generation PEM electrolyser to accelerate the deployment of large-scale green hydrogen production. Hystar is an innovative, fast growing, high-tech company, based at Høvik, just outside Oslo, Norway. At Hystar, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the company as well as develop your own career.
We are scaling up our products and technology and need your help. We are currently working together with Equinor and Gassco to install a 1MW Hystar PEM electrolyser at the Kårstø gas processing plant in Norway and you will be a key resource in this project. Are you the next star in the Hystar constellation?
As a controls engineer, you will support the timely delivery of control and safety systems for our megawatt scale electrolysers. You will contribute towards the design of communication networks, operation strategy, software design, electrical design, systems for data collection and monitoring, cyber security, component selection, and system optimization.
Both senior and junior candidates are encouraged to apply for this position. Responsibilities and qualification requirements will be adjusted according to experience level, competence, and background.
You should expect some travelling, both domestically and to our customers and partners abroad. You will be part of a rapidly growing, international team of motivated people who are dedicated to making green hydrogen a competitive alternative to fossil fuels – do you want to make an impact on the future? Then join us!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creation of automation project documentation (URS, FDS, cause & effect, alarm lists, ITPs, logic flow diagrams).
- Technical review and approval of electrical and control project documentation, including MCC and Panel drawings.
- Testing, commissioning and troubleshooting
- Development of control and safety concepts.
- Design and development of communication networks, both internal to Hystar’s products and external communication with client networks.
- Definition of PLC automation system and software coding.
- Technical review of PLC automation systems and software coding
- Fault finding and resolution in PLC and MCC electrical panels.
- Participate in plant safety studies and design reviews (HAZOP/LOPA).
- Technical review and approval of subcontractor electrical equipment and software.
- Participate in testing and commissioning of Hystar systems in the field.
- Liaise, coordinate, and communicate information effectively within multi-disciplinary teams, both internally and externally to Hystar.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with commercial products, specifically considering explosive environments.
- Experience with leading industrial PLC systems.
- Safety systems including safety relays and safety PLCs.
- Experience with design, modification and coding of SCADA and HMI systems.
- Experience with building and troubleshooting LAN and WAN networks
- Experience with industrial communication protocols
- Specification and commissioning of VSDs.
- Software specification and design in accordance with IEC 61508 / IEC 61511
- Experience (5+ years) working with industrial automation systems is preferred.
- Candidate should have strong organisational skills, be self-motivated and enjoy working in a team environment.
- A can-do attitude and a willingness to get involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle.
- Capability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work are essential for this role.
A working environment with skilled colleagues and a 100% permanent position with competitive salary depending on degree and experience. In addition, Hystar offers great opportunity for an efficient career development and personal growth. Place of work will be Høvik, Norway.
If you have any questions regarding Hystar or the position, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: As soon as possible and no later than 15.05.2022
Accession: As soon as possible and by appointment